Planning your wedding in Mauritius
it’s pretty easy to get married on our beautiful island.
Expedition Tour is specialized to organize marriages for wedding couples and their guests from overseas. We assist you for all preparations, from the wedding reception and wedding ceremony to exclusive event planning and help for completion the inevitable ‘odds and concern’. And all this at prices that are also affordable for the smaller budget. We also speak different languages like German, English, French, and others.
Please consult our quick guide on the different steps to organize your wedding in Mauritius.
Planning before your Arrival to Mauritius…
- According to your wish and desire, we will plan your wedding. Expedition tour offers various wedding packages for you to choose from, we have also the ability to customize your dream wedding to make it become true. Once you have chosen your venue, we will provide you with all the necessary information.
- Send copies of all relevant documents required for the legal procedure at least 8 weeks in advance ensuring that you have the original birth certificates and any additional legal documents and papers which are required (Consult our wedding coordinator experts to learn more on the Legal Requirements for having your wedding in Mauritius).
All required documents have to be to send 8 weeks prior to your arrival and make sure that all the
- Make certain that both passports are valid for a minimum of six months from your scheduled departure day from Mauritius otherwise; you will have to apply for new passport. (To ensure you receive the passport well in advance.)
- Before going to Mauritius, we recommend that you check that you have the luggage racks suitable for all wedding outfits.
Tips: Bride bringing their wedding dress is advised to wrap in a cloth, in a suitcase or a box marked “fragile”, before checking in at the airport. The box will then be stored in the special container for fragile pieces. Light gowns can be wrapped in a cardboard box and place in the overhead luggage container on the plane
Wedding Planning checklist – The day of your departure…
On the day of departure we strongly advise you to make an ultimate check to ensure 100% that you have all that is needed:
- Travel Documents
- The originals documents for your wedding ceremony
- Wedding dresses for bride and groom
- Wedding Rings!
- Copy of the speeches, wedding vows ( if apply)
Your arrival to the paradise island Mauritius…
- On the first day of your arrival in Mauritius, we will advise you to take the day to settle into your desire hotel, relax enjoy the hotel facilities…
- Then, Expedition Tour wedding coordinator will contact you to make an appointment to the Civil Status office at Port-Louis and to the Civil Status officer to finalize the last remaining details, ensuring that everything meets your expectations for the big day.
- Once back to your hotel, we will show you the wedding location where the ceremony will take place.
- Now you can relax, enjoy the sun, everything is in the safe hand, and you can discover Mauritius with us.