Mauritius Wedding Legal requirements
Mauritius is the place chosen for lovers from around the world to hold their wedding ceremony.
All couples in the world can have a legal wedding here on the dream island of Mauritius.
Although it is impossible to avoid legal paperwork, we do our best to ensure that all documents are finalized quickly and without stress.
Regarding the wedding paperwork, the most important points are to bring you all the originals of all the required documents.
What document do we need to submit?
Before leaving for Mauritius, at least eight weeks, our wedding coordinator must receive copies of all the required documents by post, fax, e-mail or just what’s app us.
Documents to be submitted include:
- 2 Copies of birth certificates
- 2 passport photos each
- Decree absolute (if divorced)
- Deed Poll (if the name has changed)
- Death Certificate and previous marriage certificate if widowed
- Non-English documentation must be translated into English and duly stamped
The couple should have a free half day in Mauritius before the big day in order to finalize all local legal procedures to have the necessary paperwork for their marriage in Mauritius.
To finalize the ultimate wedding paperwork, the future couple will have to go to the different offices in Port Louis and in the region where they will get married in Mauritius.
The two offices to be visited are:
1. Central Civil Status office Port Louis – All documents will be double checked and authorized.
2. Civil Status Sub Office – The second officer to visit is the Civil Status Sub Office which is located in the district closest to your hotel for the publication of the wedding.
At this point, you will discuss the type of wedding as well as wedding time and vows with the civil status officer. The register Officer is the one who can confirm the wedding time.
For mauritius wedding legal requirement, please contact us.
[rule style=”rule-thin” ]