[From Monday to Sunday]
- Location: Deep sea fishing: North, south, East West
- Half Day activity 5 hrs. (7:00am –12:30pm)
- Full Day activity 8 hrs. (7:00am –15:30pm
- Transfer offers as supply
A day fishing trip in Mauritius
Mauritius is a paradise for deep sea fishing which is practiced throughout the year, despite the best season for marlin is from November to April.
The big predators feed about a mile from the shoreline where the bottom falls to 2,000 feet / 70 meters.
Mauritius holds several world records in fishing, one of them being Blue Marlins of 1,430 lbs. and 1,355 lbs.
Whether a beginner or an expert, you can enjoy the thrill of catching a Black or Blue Marlin, a Skipjack or Yellow Fin Tuna, a Sailfish, a Dorado under the guidance of experience skippers.
The departure of our deep sea fishing trips is mainly from Trou Aux Biches, Grand Bay and Black River and our customers have a choice of half-day fishing trips and full day.
About the fishing boat
The modern boats designed for deep-sea fishing and competitions are well equipped. It is 40 feet in length with 2 Perkins Sabre engines on board of 130hp each.
The maximum capacity of the boat is 9 people, including 2 staff members and 7 guests can enjoy a comfortable ride on.
Other amenities: fresh water tank and pump, toilet, bunk cooler, binoculars and a CD player.
- The main deck that easily suit to exhibit your decision and offers seating on the upper deck for stunning views of the ocean and surrounding area. Relax and enjoy!
- The boat have sitting in cabin or on a covered fly deck.
- Boat size: 40 footer (12m ) by 38 feet (11.5m)
- Navigation Equipment: Garmin GPS, compass
- Communication equipment: VHF radio, cell phone
- For Safety and security: 10 life jackets, 2 life buoys, medical box, fire extinguisher, anchor, hand water pump and automatic
- Fishing equipment: Penn International reels (usually a selection of 130 lb, 80 lb and 50 lb), harnesses, bucket, hook, hook flying, fighting chair and a variety of lures and exciters.
Most of the Big Fishing excursions are exclusively in private, and get advice from trained staff who can teach everything about fishing and also the selection of fishing techniques so that you have a fishing trip according to your level and preferences
For single travelers, we also offer a special fishing trip at Black River which is uniquely available on shared basis.
Our experienced crews combine their expertise to prepare you best lines suited to fishing conditions of the day and also taking in storytelling skills. Our boats are very well equipped for your adventure with us.
The crew of the boat has committed to catch fish, so be sure they are doing their best to get Marlin on the line. It is for you to go back in!
After the bulk of the work is done, let us know if you wish to leave from your marlin or shark. It’s entirely up to you if you prefer to keep it or let it go
The ladies and children are welcome on our boat. Children prove to be sports enthusiasts and women without surprisingly often find themselves taken by the excitement of the game. Fishing, of course, is not reserved only as gentlemen.
When you want a break from fishing, we can include a stop for lunch near the island Benitiers or inside the lagoon. This is a unique opportunity to tours into the beautiful virgin island while putting aside the rush of fishing for a delicious lunch, enjoy swimming, diving and relax.
Sea fishing trips
In Mauritius minimum hiring a boat is 6 hours for a half day trip and 9 hours full day trip of deep sea fishing which can be shared up to 3 anglers.
- Soft drinks, bottled water and a case of local beer are supplied free of charge on board.
- An extra cost for a provisional lunch on board.
- You are welcome to bring along any other foodstuffs and beverages you think you may need for the duration of your deep sea charter
- We organize the transfers to & from fishing charter in North, West and East coast of Mauritius
- Sharing the cost of deep sea fishing charter can be arranged depending on the request and date.
- There is a shower and a toilet on board
- Snacks and beverages are included in the fishing activity in wholesale full day. (Include in the price of the activity). Serve on the boat: selection of soft drinks, beers and dry snacks.
- Price package for fishing trip is available on request.
- Expedition Tour organizes the transfers to & from for your fishing trips in North, West and East coast of Mauritius.
Expedition Tour provides big Game fishing trip in North, West and East coast of Mauritius and we organize the transfers to & from fishing trip.
Contact us for a quote of half or full day big games fishing in north, east, or west coast of Mauritius